Thursday, 25 October 2012
.. a recap on phones
So my faithful HTC died on me a couple of weeks ago. :-( Why? I do not know. - well maybe it had to do something with all the flashing - but then again I will never know for sure. Thats 460 dollars down the drain.
All efforts and procedures posted on xda and android authority where futile. So I finally swallowed my ego and asked a buddy of mine in the office to have a look at it - again nothing -. Luckily though I work with some pretty nice ching chongs in the office and he took it to china and am still waiting. Hopefully they can bring her back to life.
Now back to the story at hand. With no smartphone to flash around I was back to my nokia 1616 better known as "muliks" or "mulika mwizi" because of the torch it sports at the front. Hmmmm! Not ideal at all. So since I did not want to spend another 50K on a phone - not that i cold afford it anyway - I asked my pal if I could use her phone which she wasn't using at the time. In its hey day it was a god of the phone world, if you had one you could literally win an election! , but in a world of dual cores, super AMOLED screens, HD video recording the N97 stood no change and had to give up the crown to the galaxy nexus which in turn had to hand it over to the samsung captivate whose reign was overturned by the HTC sensation... you get the drift, and most annoyingly Nokia does NOT natively support wireless AP, and if you install barnacle wi-fi tether it only supports ad-hoc networks, which by the way android does not connect to!
At this point I was ready to tear my hair out! It not took a slap on the forehead to realize I still got U8150 or an IDEOS better know as IDIOT. It is definately not the Rolls Royce of smartphones not by a long shot. Infact the only thing more similar to a smartphone in this case is my right kidney. Really? It does all that I want from a phone: Call, SMS, take pictures albeit terrible ones, create w-fi hotspots that I can use with my computer, laptop, tablet and even my PS3 for online gaming! How about that?
So then it may look like the hooker mwende, a terrible touch screen and a less than forgiving UI but for 6K its a bargain. Don't buy it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment